How to securely share user credentials with Rocket.Chat Support
There are some cases where Rocket.Chat Support needs access to a customer's server in order to further troubleshoot a reported issue. This article describes the steps so this sharing can be done in a secure way.
- Rocket.Chat Support agent will share an invite link to an encrypted room on open.rocket.chat server. Click on the invite link in order to access the room.
- If you already have an user on open.rocket.chat, logon into the server.
- If you don't have an user, please create an account by selecting the option "Register new account". In the first logon after creating the account, you will be prompted to save your encryption password:
- Click to view and save your encryption password. IMPORTANT: The encryption password is generated and displayed only once. Please save this password locally as this will be required to access the room.
- Share the credentials with the Support agent within the encrypted room.
Disclaimer: This room will be
for credential sharing purposes. All the communication between Rocket.Chat Support and the customer is done inside our support portal (https://desk.rocket.chat/portal/home
) or our support inbox (email@example.com)
Reporting issues with Rocket.Chat mobile app
Our mobile applications provide a lot of functionality, and its performance depends a lot on configurations made both on the server side and in the Admin UI. If you face any difficulty with the mobile app usage, please consider checking your ...
Rocket.Chat open source license
How can I change Rocket.Chat logo for my own?
In order to change Rocket.Chat logo for your own (logo of your company), please, navigate to Administration -> Assets. There you will be able to change logo, login background and icon: 1. To change the logo (the one that is located under the chats ...
How can I create an announcement message in the chat?
Question: Is there a way to create a message that each new user, once entering the chat, will see first? (like an 'announcement' message in a Facebook group)? Solution: 1. We do have the possibility to adjust and customize the "Home" page under ...
How to change workspace region?
Region is defined upon creation. Please, note that customers can not migrate their instances between regions on their own. This process involves manual work required by Rocket.Chat Cloud team. If you need to switch region - submit a ticket or drop an ...