There are few configs that you need to attend to make your push messages to work.
If you have already made sure that your server supports SSL (check how to set it up here
) and set up your Push gateway (check on the instructions here
) , you will need to configure your Push notifications in the Admin UI. Please note that you must have the respective permissions on your workspace to be able to check these settings.
1. Check if Push is enabled in Administration -> Settings -> Push
2. Configure the desirable default notifications logic under Administration -> Settings -> Accounts. Please note that once the same settings are changed in a users profile, they will be overwritten.
If you enable the auto-away option, your status will change to away in a specified period of time, and you till get notifications on your phone after that, unless you choose to always receive Push regardless of your status, as shown below. That way you will always receive notifications both on your mobile and on the desktop/browser clients.
You can also stop receiving Push messages from particular channels if they reached the max number of users specified in the settings above.
3. If your notifications behaviour differs from the default values set in the Admin UI, you need to check what is configured under My Account -> Preferences
4. You can set different notification preferences for each room (private or public channel). If you don't receive Push messages from a room, it might be muted
5. If you have checked everything and still do not receive Push messages, please check if you have set the permissions on your iOS or Android device in the application settings. You will want to make sure that the notifications are allowed, and the app is not muted.
After looking through all the settings, you can try to send a test Push message to your mobile under Administration -> Settings -> Push and see if it works.
If nothing of the above helps, please contact us by submitting a ticket or dropping an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you charging for the push messages? How much is per a push message?
We are not charging for the push messages as of yet but we will soon announce the changes on our Pricing page https://rocket.chat/pricing. NOTE: the amount specified in the pricing will count as per SERVER, not per user.
Where do the reported messages go?
Rocket.Chat users can report a message if it contains unacceptable, offensive or abusive content or violates their community policies in any way. Although there's no UI yet for accessing the reported messages, ...
How can I create an announcement message in the chat?
Question: Is there a way to create a message that each new user, once entering the chat, will see first? (like an 'announcement' message in a Facebook group)? Solution: 1. We do have the possibility to adjust and customize the "Home" page under ...
How can I reactivate my workspace after trial expired?
If your trial expired and you didn’t manage to add your payment method to continue subscription, navigate to Payment methods in your Cloud Console (cloud.rocket.chat) -> click on Add payment method (top right corner) to add your card (credit/debit ...
I already canceled my subscription but was charged again.
Please, note that we charge our customers afterwards, not in advance. This means that on a particular day of each month you will be charged for the previous month of use. If, for example, you started your trial on December 1st, it expired on December ...